Opera may not have won the browser wars in recent years, but it is still a well respected application that ranks fourth in the browser stakes. Opera users benefit from a built-in BitTorrent client and integrated IRC chat, and it is consistently rock solid and speedy.
Users with disabilities choose Opera because of its proven commitment to accessibility and standards compliance. It is also attracted a global following, having been released in 60 languages in addition to English.
Other benefits include:
- Customisable keyboard shortcuts.
- Customisable mouse gestures.
- Voice control and screen reading fot sight and hearing impaired users.
- Optional proxy support for super-fast loading.
- The use of a master password to secure saved passwords.
Developed in Norway and used worldwide, Opera is a solid choice. The browser may not have grabbed the headlines like Chrome, but it has led the way for many years when it comes to innovative features.